Massage therapy is a healing method dating back 4000 years ago. At Health Globe Wellness Clinic, we strive to provide therapeutic and relaxing massages that give your body an opportunity to heal. Our massages are beneficial for a variety of health conditions, including discomfort associated with everyday stresses, pain, sports injuries, illnesses, depression, anxiety, and general stress management and relaxation.
When you visit us, you can expect to be in a comfortable massage room where our registered massage therapists (RMTs) will treat your desired area. Our massage techniques include movable pressure, kneading, and compression, with the end goal of supporting musculoskeletal, lymphatic, circulatory, and nervous system health.
Medical professionals believe that many physical and psychological diseases and illnesses are caused by stress.
The benefits of massage extend beyond simply providing relaxation. In fact, massage can help reduce stress hormones that have been linked to various health problems, including weight gain and sleep disturbances. Additionally, massage can soothe the body physically, reduce anxiety, and aid in the treatment of conditions such as headaches, tendonitis, arthritis, and more.
In today’s fast-paced society, many of us experience burnout due to our bodies’ inadequate response to everyday life or major life-changing situations. Massage therapy can be an excellent starting point for your healing journey.
While some people may experience benefits after their first visit, others may require multiple sessions to notice a difference. Research has shown that the more massage treatments you receive, the more benefits you can gain. Each treatment plan is customized to meet your individual short-term and long-term goals.
There are no known or reported side effects of massage therapy.
Massage therapy can help with a variety of conditions, including:
- Relieving muscle aches and pains
- Increasing flexibility and range of motion
- Improving circulation and alleviating swelling
- Promoting better sleep
- Managing stress, anxiety, and depression, among others.
All massage therapy treatments are performed by a Registered Massage Therapist (RMT), and may be eligible for coverage under your health care benefits.
Massage therapy is safe and effective for everyone, from newborns to the elderly.
- Deep Tissue Massage: This type of massage is ideal for sports-related musculoskeletal issues and sports injuries. It targets the inner layers of muscles and can help break up scar tissue after an injury.
- Swedish Massage: This is a relaxing massage that targets the uppermost layer of muscles to relieve muscle tension. It’s a great option if you have anxiety or are under a lot of stress.
- Pre-Natal Massage: This type of massage is specifically designed for pregnant individuals and focuses on reducing swelling, promoting better sleep, and addressing muscles under extra pressure due to the weight of the baby.
- Lymphatic Drainage Massage: This massage technique is used to stimulate circulation and the immune system, as well as to reduce swelling.
- Pregnancy/Postpartum Massage combined with Lymphatic Drainage Massage: This specialized massage is aimed at alleviating edema, carpal tunnel syndrome, and muscle tiredness associated with lack of sleep during pregnancy and postpartum recovery.
Massage for Babies + Children: This type of massage is designed to improve the immune system, promote better sleep, and provide tactile and visual stimuli for newborns. It can also help with issues such as colic, bowel movement, constipation, and food intake. This session can include a hands-on tutorial for parents to learn and practice massage at home, enhancing bonding with their little one.